Meridian Consulting, LLC is a sustainable design and energy engineering consulting firm seeking an experienced energy modeler or energy engineer to conduct energy modeling on new construction projects. The ideal candidate should have an engineering background and an understanding of the commercial building design and construction process. The candidate should have knowledge and experience with high performance building design. The candidate should also be familiar with LEED and LEED-related ASHRAE standards.
This position will be located in Meridian Consulting’s office in Silver Spring, MD with some telecommuting potential.
- Develop new energy models using eQUEST software.
- Provide quality control and reviews of other energy models.
- Prepare LEED-related documentation including filling out LEED forms and spreadsheets, and input/output reports from eQUEST.
- Prepare written reports on energy modeling results and conclusions.
- Communicate energy modeling results and related recommendations to architects, developers and engineers.
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or a similar degree
- 2 years or more experience in building-related energy engineering
- Experience with complete eQUEST energy models
- Technical knowledge and experience with HVAC systems and commercial building design
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Excelled written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, sense of personal responsibility and commitment to delivering high quality work
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Word
Additional optional desired skills and experience:
- Energy audits
- HVAC commissioning
- PE, BEMP or LEED Accreditation
To apply for this position, please submit a resume.