Meridian Consulting, LLC is a sustainable design and energy engineering consulting firm seeking an experienced commissioning agent to provide commissioning on new construction projects and to support our energy consulting services. The ideal candidate should have an energy engineering background or strong HVAC engineering experience and an understanding of the commercial building design and construction process. The candidate must have good interpersonal skills to coordinate commissioning teams and develop client relationships. The candidate shall have experience with at least 2 commissioning projects.
This position will be located in Meridian Consulting’s office in Silver Spring, MD.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with site inspections and functional testing.
- Technical knowledge and experience with HVAC systems and commercial building design
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing commissioning teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, sense of personal responsibility and commitment to delivering high quality work.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Word.
Additional optional desired skills and qualifications:
- Energy modeling, monitoring-based commissioning
- PE, CEM, or LEED AP
To apply for this position, please submit a resume. Salary will be commensurate with experience.