10400 Detrick Avenue
2 Year Degree Grade 18 Minimum $43,763
Troubleshoot & resolve complex personal computer hardware/software/peripheral problems. Will install, configure, repair, & maintain personal computer software, hardware, & peripheral devices. Provide first & second level support to internal customers reporting IT-related problems via telephone & e-mail. Provide assistance & training to users on computer operation and software. Log & track all service requests in helpdesk ticketing system. Troubleshoot basic network connectivity problems. Individual must be able to communicate clearly & concisely both verbally & in writing. Be able to follow written & oral instructions. Demonstrate strong customer service, communication & interpersonal skills. Work in a self-managed team environment with limited supervision. Establish credibility quickly by listening, taking initiative and following up with staff. Learn new skills to keep up with technology changes. Manage multiple tasks & deadlines successfully. Individual must be able to work flexible hours when necessary (evenings and weekends). Some work is to be performed at other HOC offices throughout Montgomery County.WP
- Requires two years of college with a major in computer science or a technical certificate
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in the areas of configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of computer hardware, software.
- Must have knowledge to support peripheral devices, MS Office Suite applications, and MS Windows operating systems.
- Must have a current A+, NET+ or MCP certification or the ability to obtain an A+ certificate with six month of hire.
- Must have the ability to work with and provide assistance and one-on-one training to non-technical staff, including clerical, professional, and managerial needed.
- Must be skilled in diagnosing and correcting hardware and software problems.
- Must have the ability to lift and move computer equipment (up to 50 lbs.) required.
- Valid driver's license and personal transportation required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.