Trolley Driver / Tour Guide
You've seen the original orange-and-green trolleys all over the city and probably thought, "What a fun job that must be." Well, you're absolutely right! For more than a quarter of a century, Old Town Trolley Tours have been treating guests to a journey back in time while touring the most interesting and popular attractions in the city.
Come join the ranks of the FUN-employed on the orange-and-green Old Town Trolleys.
We are now holding interviews for our extensive PAID training program that will thoroughly prepare you to be a professional tour conductor!
Already having a CDL is a plus, but not required… because we'll train you and prepare you to test for one!
Our ideal tour conductors have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one. A sincere love of history and the culture of our city is ideal.
Full Time, Part Time and Seasonal Positions may be available.
The Trolley Tour Conductor must be able to drive a non-air-conditioned trolley, on busy public streets in a safe, competent manner while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour.
Most tours are approximately 1-2 hours in duration and Tour Conductors narrate several tours during each shift.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned
- Must be able to board and exit the trolley and assist patrons with boarding and exiting the trolley.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Must be at least 21 years old
Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable and verifiable driving record of at least three years.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
- All FT Employees are eligible for paid vacation time as well as company sponsored health and wellness plans.
- All FT & PT employees are eligible for:
- paid sick time
- 401K plan with company matching
- Flexible schedules, including a combination of weekdays and weekends are available
- Fun, upbeat work environment with various award and recognition celebrations throughout the year
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all company attractions
Successful candidate must undergo a drug test and a background search
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.