The International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) is North America’s strongest and most diverse labor union. Teamsters organize workers in virtually every occupation imaginable, both professional and non-professional, private sector, and public sector. The IBT is looking for a Programmer/Analyst II for its Information Systems Department. Under the general supervision of the Department Director, the Programmer/Analyst II will perform duties necessary to the development, modification, maintenance, testing, and documentation of programs for computer systems and databases.
Essential Job functions
- Codes, tests, debugs implements and documents programs.Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Gathers information from the system analyzes program requirements and prepares documentation to change existing programs.
- Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
- Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving production support problems.Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.Identifies issues as appropriate.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in programming or testing
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Basic Programming skills
- Good Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel and departments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary commensurate with experience. The IBT offers a very competitive benefits package, including a pension, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a 100% employer-paid health & welfare package.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Due to a large number of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted for follow-up.
The IBT is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.