Human Resources Manager
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. is a global company of approximately 175 employees with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Australia, Brazil and Singapore. IPA performs evaluations of capital projects for the process industries. Our client portfolio includes most of the leading oil and gas, chemical, mining and metals, and pharmaceutical companies in the world.
IPA is a financially strong, 30 year-old, privately-held company with a very strong market presence in capital project benchmarking. Our headquarters office in Ashburn, Virginia has an immediate opening for a Human Resources professional to lead and manage our global human resources function.
The position plans, directs, implements, and oversees Human Resources policies and activities such as employment, compensation, benefits, engagement, training, employee relations, and communications. The person in this role has to be analytical in nature, highly organized with an attention to detail and experienced in all facets of human resources. As the functional lead, you must be comfortable both managing the function and performing daily in a detail hands-on capacity.
This position manages Human Resources functions for the Ashburn Corporate office with oversight of offices in Brazil, Australia, Singapore, the UK and the Netherlands.
General Human Resources:
- Manages the Global Human Resources function consisting of this role and a payroll/benefits coordinator in Ashburn and four part time international HR staff.
- Manages recruitment process
- Develops and implements Human Resources policies to meet organizational needs and to comply with applicable laws.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues, including disciplinary actions.
- Revises Policies and Procedures Manual as needed due to policy and/or regulatory changes.
- Coordinates annual career performance appraisal program.
- Keeps apprised of changes in labor and ERISA laws and advises management accordingly.
- Performs compliance audits of international offices (international travel is required).
- Manages the maintenance of global HR information system.
- Manages the annual renewal of the health and welfare and workers’ compensation policies. Coordinates Open Enrollment Meetings and compiles communication materials. Reviews all insurance policies and booklets for accuracy.
- Maintains records of benefit plan participation and personnel transactions.
- Responds to inquiries regarding benefits, policies, procedures and programs, and solves any benefits-related issues/problems.
- Manages all benefit changes, new hires, terms, qualifying events and COBRA.
- Serves as 401(k) plan administrator to ensure plan compliance.
- Provides information for 401(k), workers’ compensation and regulatory agency audits.
- Provides census information to Third-Party Administrators for FSA and 401(k) non-discrimination tests.
- Reviews Form 5500 for 401(k) and Health and Welfare plans.
Payroll and compensation:
- Supervises and serves as backup to our semi-monthly payroll process utilizing Paychex Payroll Preview and HR Online.
- Coordinates annual salary review
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ten to fifteen years HR experience with five years in a managerial role
- HR Certification (PHR preferred) and participation in local HR networking organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency in benefit plan design and compensation structures
- Ability to analyze data and create action plans for success
- Strong knowledge in HR regulations including ACA requirements
- Paychex HRIS/Payroll software knowledge.
- Experience managing Human Resources in an international environment is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an opportunity for professional growth. To apply, please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Visit our website www.ipaglobal.com
IPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer