Staff Assistant in the Office of General Counsel
Provides administrative support for three Associate General Counsels, and other substantial support for the entire Office of General Counsel, especially in the areas of SharePoint and website administration. Maintains library and subscriptions. Shares responsibility for the NDAA annual meeting, financial administration, and filing / archiving. Contributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the USCCB mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its Catholic identity.
Educational Level: H.S. diploma required; undergraduate degree or equivalent preferred
Major Field/Specialty: Legal administration, paralegal; digital media, communications
Other Specialized Training:
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its structures and hierarchy
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and Adobe Pro
- Knowledge of office practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Bookkeeping / accounting helpful
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Incumbent is required to be proficient in SharePoint and MS Office software, and must be capable of operating fax machine, phone system (including conferencing function), photocopier, scanner, computer, and other office equipment / hardware.
- Ability to prepare letters, memoranda, and reports; follow policies and procedures; and perform bookkeeping and related financial administration tasks.
- experience in a law office environment, and course work in paralegal studies would be helpful in handling the law library, filing, and document preparation duties integral to the position.
- Tasks required are moderately complex and require analytical skill and precision, as well as strong administrative and organizational abilities, with close attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with peers, colleagues and others to achieve mission goals and objectives.
Number of Years Required: A minimum of 2-3 years related experience, preferably some in a legal office.