Training Instructor (Cyberspace Operations)
5 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
GS-05: Three (3) years of general experience; one (1) year of which is equivalent to the GS-04 experience that demonstrates a practical knowledge of service based programs and objectives, processes involved military and civilian training programs, and/or processes relating to training programs in parallel business and industry organizations. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of the basic principles, concepts, and methodology used in instructional programs.
Four (4) years of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled.
GS-07: One year specialized experience equivalent to the next lower qualifying pay band or other equivalent pay systems, GS-05. Experience may have been gained in tracking status of ancillary training of unit members and schedules recurring training; participating in special projects that directly impacts the communications readiness of the organization.
One (1) full year of graduate level education with a major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled
A Bachelor's degree in education or a subject area related to the position with Superior Academic Achievement.
GS-09: One (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-07 that demonstrates knowledge and skill in developing course materials and instructional methods, principles, and techniques in order to develop self-contained training courses, obtain training resources and assess overall effectiveness.
Master's or equivalent graduate degree OR two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR a LL.B. or J.D. if related. Education must have major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled.
GS-11: One (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-09 that demonstrates a practical knowledge of the subject area of the position and of the methods and techniques of instruction, which includes knowledge of training principles, concepts, legal requirements, and methodology to organize annual training plans, respond to changing requirements, ensure higher headquarters training requirements compliance, and provide advisory service.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.M. if related. Education must have a major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled.
GS-12: I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-11 (or higher) grade level or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience include: 1) Analyzing, designing, and developing instructional materials for Cyberspace Operations. 2) Initiating and planning development of training materials for course or cluster of courses well in advance of actual use using the Course Training Development Priorities Schedule. 3) Establishing evaluation criteria, adapting/extending guidelines, and procedures; assessing status of course content and conducting evaluations in accordance with qualification training accreditation standards.
GS-13: I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 (or higher) grade level or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience include: knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of instructions and instructional design including use of technology for design and delivery of training/education and to measure achievement of C-NAF AOC/AFFOR education and training objectives.
GS-14: I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 (or higher) grade level or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience include: knowledge and skilled mastery of innovative instructional design, professional learning theory and the principles, methods, practices, technology and delivery techniques of instructional systems with emphasis on directing course development to include instructional materials, test items, and objectives measurements instruments to plan, design, and revise full-length courses or complex development products.
GS-15: I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-14 (or higher) grade level or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience include: ability to lead and direct the efforts of a medium-sized diverse staff of multi-national active duty military; reserve military, civil servants and contractors in the planning and execution of multiple joint CJCS-directed and NORAD and USNORTHCOM internal functions, goals, objectives, and work processes pertinent to developing and conducting training and education.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Ability to react in a high stress environment to intense Cyber Operations, consequence management and Interagency event situations, make critical characterization judgments, formulate recommendations that may have major national impact/consequences and transmit those recommendations clearly and concisely to Command leadership and to very high levels of national authority.
- Knowledge of organization activities (such as special operation, recovery, airlift, etc.) weapon systems, and command control, and mission process, systems, and applications.
- Broad knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of DoD cyberspace operations to plan, manage and coordinate cyber space planning projects requiring collaboration with various internal and external components.
- Skill in planning and developing training programs to include gathering facts, evaluation/education/training needs, and making adjustments and improvements to accommodate program/service changes within existing resources without sacrifice to qualify or quantify.
- Moderate to extensive background experience in training and capabilities development as a Training Developer/Instructor, military training, developing training plans and training personnel to meet organizations and cyberspace operations requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the cyberspace community (e.g. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, NSA, CCMDs, and Canadian Armed Forces) to write, articulate, vet and defend military operations plans to support full spectrum cyberspace operations.
- Skill in communicating complex information concerning cyberspace operations initiatives, both orally and in writing to provide effective briefings and reports to senior leaders.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI