Financial Services Manager I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director Student Fiscal Services
The George Mason University Student Accounts Office invites applicants for the Assistant Director Student Fiscal Services. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director Student Fiscal Services, this individual is the primary technology systems liaison in the Student Accounts Office. The individual will also assist the Director in running the day-to-day financial operations in the Cash Office and Student Accounts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage student financial IT systems, including daily automated processing;
- Manage projects to develop and implement solutions to improve customer service and productivity;
- Primary liaison regarding use of data, quality assurance, special initiatives, processes, upgrades, and vendor documentation;
- Partner with Mason student service offices (Registrar, Enrollment Management, Admissions, Financial Aid and University Life) to implement cross functional solutions;
- Supervise Student Fiscal Services technology and training staff;
- Prepare financial and operational reports for division;
- Serve as the point of contact in Student Fiscal Services during a COOP event or crisis;
- Evaluate and ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Represent Student Fiscal Services in meetings with the campus community;
- Oversee the training operation, developing and maintaining training materials, written policies, procedures, reconciliations, and quality assurance; and
- Act in place of the Director as necessary to ensure continuity of student services.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in accounting or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong analytical skills with proven, effective application of those ideas into procedure;
- Ability to analyze and interpret fiscal data and apply accounting principles to the accounts receivable and revenue functions, and oversee accounting and fiscal functions;
- Advanced abilities with Student Accounts ERP systems (Ellucian Banner or equivalent student AR systems);
- Experience with integrated student accounts receivable enterprise systems (TouchNet Bill+Payment and Marketplace, Evisions FormFusion, or equivalent applications);
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills;
- Ability to make decisive, informed decisions in a fast-paced, high-volume office;
- Self-starter and able to work independently;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Highly organized with great attention to detail; and
- Ability to work in team environment to develop plans and manage projects by consensus.
- Masterâ€™s degree;
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience in higher education; and
- CPA license.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02755z at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :