Senior Health Communication Specialist
Westat has an immediate opening for a qualified individual to join a dynamic program in public health-related social marketing and health communication. We are seeking an experienced professional with expertise in project management, communication, public health and social marketing campaigns, and business development. Experience in successfully targeting diverse populations, including young adults, LGTBQ individuals, socio and ethnic minority groups is highly preferred. This position is available in either our Rockville Maryland office or our Atlanta, Georgia office.
· Develop and implement strategic communication and campaign plans and lead project teams to accomplish plan objectives.
· Plan and implement outreach and education programs and events.
· Conduct research, identify, and engage partners (individuals and organizations) to support public health campaigns and health marketing initiatives.
· Draft accurate, compelling, audience appropriate content for health marketing materials on chronic disease, reproductive health, infectious disease, immunization, and other public health topics.
· Direct and conduct media monitoring activities, including analysis and reporting.
· Provide leadership in maintaining client relationships, delivering strategic council, and trouble-shooting project-related issues.
· Lead and participate in business development activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Master's degree in public health, communications, or related field.
· 10 years of experience, including experience as a project manager overseeing planning and assistance to clients in public health communications and campaigns. Must be familiar with best practices in public relations, integrating marketing communications, partnership and stakeholder engagement, and event management and have demonstrated ability to lead the execution of these tasks.
· Experience managing multiple sizable accounts and experience serving as a client contact.
· Proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage project teams.
· Innovative communications strategist with excellent organization and management skills.
· Experience leading and contributing to business development efforts.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.