PenFed is hiring a Fraud Business Analyst II, Payment Products and Services in Alexandria or McLean, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for payment fraud MIS and supporting data analytics required to identify, monitor, and mitigate payment fraud risk on credit cards, debit cards, and EFT. The Fraud Business Analyst II will place particular emphasis on being familiar with relevant datasets, creating and maintaining MIS, monitoring and identifying emerging fraud trends, communicating findings and strategic insights to management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Lead analysis of emerging fraud trends, fraud risk criteria, and high risk population segments.
* Ensure decision effectiveness through fraud strategy performance evaluation and detection metrics.
* Develop and manage fraud prevention strategies through data analysis and business insight.
* Develop SAS queries, statistical analysis, and reports to identify key data elements that can be used to monitor and identify fraud trends.
* Develop, maintain and execute fraud detection processes on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
* Work closely with management to share findings and assist in identifying current fraud trends & root causes, identify fraud risk gaps, and collaborate with senior analysts on recommendations
* Clearly articulate findings and observations and make recommendations as appropriate
* Have working experience with analytic and reporting tools such as SAS and SQL
* Work with other business teams to ensure consistent and accurate reporting while minimizing redundancy.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or a related field is required. Master’s Degree in a quantitative or a related field is highly preferred.
* Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in credit card or a related industry is required.
* Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience using in SAS, SQL, R Language, Visual Basic, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools and experience working with large datasets are required.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and other business-related systems are required.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and build trusted relationships across different departments and all levels of management.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues.
* Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to manage or lead multiple projects effectively.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.