Director, Learning and Development
6 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is hiring a Director of Learning & Development in Alexandria, Virginia. This position is responsible for driving the delivery of the strategic priorities for HR Learning and Development . Develop and implement PenFed’s talent strategies, practices and programs all aimed at achieving maximum employee engagement and creating a competitive advantage through the strength and depth of internal employee capability.
Builds strong cross-functional relationships with all levels of leadership to understand business drivers, identify learning priorities and needs, and provide input into training initiatives related to new products and services. Develops a comprehensive strategic learning plan for PenFed Learning and Development based on critical priorities. Leads and develops an enterprise team of high-performing learning professionals.
Creates leadership and management development methods to increase and sustain PenFed’s leadership capability and bench strength. Through innovative practices, create new and forward thinking learning strategies to transition the company into a destination employer. Is responsible for managing to the corporate learning and development budget for areas assigned, manages vendor relationships.Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Conducts needs analysis and confers with managers across the organization to determine training and development needs, and develops programs/ initiatives to meet those needs.
- Review and utilize internal and external training resources to integrate best practices, establish pre-post training metrics, benchmark methods, training evaluation tools, program effectiveness assessments and recommend blended venue and resource strategy
- Develop assessment and talent review process to inform and drive development of current and future leaders
- Develops policies and solutions based on knowledge of identified training needs, internal processes, business systems, and/or changes in products, procedures or services.
- Creates innovative learning and development initiatives to support future growth of company
- Analyzes training and development needs and evaluates the effectiveness of different programs
- Manages outside training vendor relationships
- Ensures maintenance of records and prepares statistical reports to anticipate organizational needs and evaluate progress and success of programs.
- Builds and implements performance management and career development training, tools and resources that encourage valuable contribution and development of our employees
- Recommends technical and soft-skills development solutions based on analysis of business goals, organizational and technological constraints, and budget and schedule considerations
- Bachelors Degree in Adult education, IO/Psych, Human Resource Development or Business Administration
- 10 years as senior-level talent leader with specialized mastery in leadership development, learning talent management, organizational development and performance management
- Masters degree in Adult education, IO/Psych, Human Resource Development, OD or related field strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in learning consultation, needs evaluation and large-scale training program design and management
- 5 years of experience in Credit Union or Commercial Banking
This position will supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required
SPHR certification is a plus
CPLP training certification is a plus
PROSCI change management certification a plus
Performance Consulting certification a plus
Career Planning certification a plus
Travel to various worksites (continental US, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Guam) may be required approximately 25- 35%.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.