HR Business Partner
HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Conservation International (CI) is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to serve as a strategic business partner and consultant to operations and division leads, management, and employees in their designated client groups on all Human Resources related issues. The HRBP partners with their client groups to align business objectives with employees and management, acting as an employee champion and change agent.
The HRBP is responsible for the overall management, administration, coordination, and evaluation of HR activities for their client groups. The HRBP promotes, communicates, and implements HR initiatives and may assist in their development, ensuring that ensuring that HR solutions add value. This position is accountable for providing guidance in all human resources related matters and driving organizational effectiveness in the areas of staffing, development and training, employee relations, and separations.
The HRBP promotes, communicates, and implements organizational-wide HR initiatives and may assist in their development. The HRBP acts as project manager for assigned HR initiatives and special projects. As a strategic business partner, the HRBP ensures that HR solutions add value to the operations leads and leadership and frequently solicit appropriate feedback for improved partnership.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for managers in respective client groups, addressing concerns in a timely manner. Managing day to day performance needs, including coaching, advising, conducting investigations and making recommendations based on findings/facts. Collaborate with leadership and General Counsel as needed to address highly sensitive issues.
Staffing and Recruiting:
- Partner in all recruiting efforts across client groups including, but not limited to, final review and approval of job descriptions and job advertisements, and developing employment terms for new hires, promotions and/or transfers. Partner with leadership to develop recruiting strategies for VP+ positions, including resume screening, conducting interviews, participating on interview panels, and advising on compensation. Manage immigration needs, including visa acquisition and renewal. Conduct compensation analysis and make change recommendations, working directly with the senior director of compensation.
- Support client groups during CI’s annual performance appraisal process, facilitating calibration meetings and providing advice on best practices. Partner with client group leads to identify top talent, recommending and implementing retention strategies. Identify training and development needs within client groups, working with CI’s Learning and Development team. Facilitate and lead targeted training on topics including performance management, supervisor training, and Discovery Insights training.
- This position is based in Arlington, Virginia.
- Normal office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of Human Resources experiences or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including compensation practices, performance management, Federal and State respective employment laws.
- Experience in delivering training and communicating concepts to multidisciplinary and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated success in area of staffing, workforce planning, recruiting, employee relations and HR Operations.
- Ability to make quick decisions, to be diligent with responses, and work to find solution driven conclusions and work collaboratively across many audiences.
- HRCI and/or SHRM HR certification
- Working knowledge of US immigration law and work authorization acquisition
- Non-profit experience
- Passion for conservation and CI mission
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and references.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "accommodation" in the subject line.