Clinical Social Worker
The clinical social worker interacts with home health agencies, physicians and families to make discharge planning arrangements. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as a means for reducing length of stay. Performs an in-depth assessment on all patients and reassessments on patients 3 days into their admission. Follows patients who have potential discharge needs and coordinates the discharge planning process. Directs and coordinates the discharge planning process with nursing staff on assigned units. Coordinates with nursing homes and other agencies to provide for continuity of care upon discharge. Utilizes Clinical pathways to track length of stay and conformance with pathway.
- DC License in Social Work (Masters preferred) from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years of clinical social work training and experience in an acute healthcare setting
- Analytical skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to deal effectively in a multi-dimensional environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgment.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and manage multiple priorities.