Director of Catering and Convention Services
2 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking a creative and innovative Director of Catering and Convention Services who is eager and excited at the opportunity to shape the market position for the BRAND NEW Hilton Washington DC National Mall hotel, opening summer 2018! This is a unique chance to be a part of a hotel opening and have direct influence on the development of the property’s personality. Ideal candidate must wear multiple hats and be ready to hit the ground running to penetrate the Association Market.
Located adjacent the L’Enfant Plaza metro station at 480 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC, the hotel will offer 367 luxurious rooms and 23,000 S.F of flexible and unique meeting space- all just steps from the best DC has to offer!
The Director of Catering and Convention Service is responsible for securing group business with function space and food and beverage events, while increasing revenues and maximizing house profit. Proactive sales efforts is mandatory and is paramount to driving exposure for the Hilton Washington DC National Mall. The Director of Catering and Convention Services will provide input and direction in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long-term profitability and is also expected to meet and or exceed budgeted expectations as outlined for the Hilton Washington DC National Mall.
- Work with DOS to oversee process for evaluating all opportunities for contracted catering business. Ensure that process enables high speed of response while maximizing profits.
- Monitor competitor pricing, positioning, strategies and data; maintain understanding of the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and present appropriate action plans to management.
- Analyze local events and activities and project the effect of opportunities they create.
- Understand the macro and micro-economic variables affecting supply and demand in the local marketplace.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other market DOC’s to create a network of peers in your community.
- Actively develop all subordinates, ensuring that they have opportunities to grow their catering, event management and leadership skill base through personal attention, internal/external training and participation in industry events.
- Effectively communicate any strategy changes to the sales/events team.
- Marketing – Effectively develop and execute an appropriate marketing and ecommerce plan for the hotel in conjunction with the DOS.
- Have up to date knowledge of competitor menu pricing and maintain a pricing structure befitting of rank in the market.
- Develop and execute sales action plans to close on targeted accounts and/or business within a market segment.
- 7+ years of experience as a Director of Catering or a Hotel Sales Manager in a 3-5 star property required
- High school graduate, some college. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience working in the capacity as Director.
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and oral forms.
The Hilton DC National Mall provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.