Director - Federal/State Partnership
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Approximately 12 annual trips.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
- Administration and Management
- Budget Administration
- Managing Human Resources
- Oral Communication
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is professional humanities experience working in organizations such as colleges, universities, scholarly or grant-making organizations, or other non-profit cultural organizations. The applicant's work would have included overseeing and monitoring on-going humanities programs that required extensive training and experience, and that demonstrated leadership and unusual attainments, or other professional humanities work of equal importance, difficulty, and responsibility. All related experience must be performed in a leadership/supervisory capacity.
At the GS-15 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is professional humanities experience working in organizations such as, colleges, universities, scholarly or grant-making organizations, or other non-profit cultural organizations. The applicant's work would have included planning, directing, and/or executing major professional humanities programs, that required extensive research, planning, implementing, and overseeing new and on-going programs; conducting high-level meetings and presentations; organizing work and setting priorities; determining short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them; or professional humanities work of equal importance, difficulty, and responsibility. All related experience must be performed in a leadership/supervisory capacity.
A Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution in a discipline of the humanities is preferred. A Master's degree from an accredited institution is required.
1. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
2. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
3. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1700/general-education-and-training-series-1701/.
4. This position may require completion of a 1-year trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
- Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
- Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation