Takes x-ray exposures of patients as requested by referring physicians. Explains x-ray procedure to patients, assures safety of patients, reviews films to assure appropriate images, and prepares files and reports.One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
- Greets patient, confirms image to be taken, and explains x-ray procedure to patient.
- Reviews patient's medical history prior to performing x-ray procedure and confirms that patient has signed a contrast media consent form if needed.
- Takes x-ray exposures of patient following protocol for position of body, intensity of radiation, and time of exposure.
- Processes film and inspects images to determine that images meet the requirements of radiologist.
- Maintains equipment and examination room, stores film, and keeps inventory of related supplies.
- Prepares patient information files showing patient's name, date of x-ray, referring physician, and number of exposures.
- Prepares and submits reports showing the number and type of x-rays.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Completion of formal training in radiologic technology.
- RT certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology required.
- Licensed in appropriate jurisdiction required.
- CPR certification required.
Apply for Radiographer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly