Child and Youth Program Assistant (Entry Level 2)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf).
Must be 18 years of age at time of employment. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15m, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required. Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
Individuals who have been trained will be required to administer routine and rescue medications prescribed by a physician to children/youth, perform CPR and first aid, and aid in providing a reasonable accommodation to children/youth with a special need.
Travel to on and off post locations may be required. Schedule may include irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
Successful completion of Entry Level training requirements within three (3) months of appointment and demonstrated on the job competence is required before non-competitive advancement to the next level of responsibility (CYPA Skill Level 3). Failure to achieve desired training with demonstrated competence may result in separation.
**H?igh School Diploma, or GED certificate or college transcripts must be submitted with application.**
2. Be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
3. This is a developmental assignment with mandatory advancement to Child and Youth Program Assistant (Skill Level 3), PD# 19890, upon completion of the prescribed training and qualification requirements.
4. Performs routine or repetitive established tasks, following verbal and written instructions under close supervision of higher-level employees. Work is reviewed in detail to assess trainee's developing competence and to evaluate readiness for increased autonomy.
Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
**Ideal position for Teachers and college students looking for employment during summer months**
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)