PenFed is hiring a Reporting Analyst, Lending Opportunities in Mclean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to perform data queries and data analysis related to the credit and operational risks associated to Mergers, Acquisitions, Sales, and new third party relationships. Perform due diligence that focuses on loan origination, loan products, operational procedures, lending policy, compliance, collateral control, data integrity, documentation, servicing, and reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Create and optimize diverse SQL queries.
* Develop and maintain SQL scripts and refreshable reports
* Perform data analysis and data profiling using SQL on various sources systems including SQL Server 2008
* Extract and collect data for regular reporting and adhoc reporting
* Validate accuracy of data to ensure data integrity
* Prepare and publish performance dashboard
* Prepare formal written analyses for Senior Management that will be submitted through their department management team for review
* Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
* Develop, modify, maintain and support custom reports (MS SQL, list others here) for both ad-hoc and ongoing needs
* Interpret data and analyze results
* Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality
* Follow up with business partner to clarify document requirements
* Keep informed of with the changes that occur in Datamart (data repository) and reflect the changes in the reporting
* Remain abreast of regulatory developments in credit risk management and best practices within the industry.
* Remain abreast of advancements in academic research related to credit risk management.
* Assist in the publication of monthly and quarterly reporting.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Baccalaureate degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions required.
* Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ of progressively responsible work experience in statistical analysis and credit policy.
* Minimum of two years of experience in writing SQL queries, optimizing the queries in SQL Server 2008 and up, and experience of analytical techniques.
* Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables inner and outer joins
* Experience in creating Tables, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and other T- SQL statements for various applications.
* Proficient with statistical analysis required.
* Strong working knowledge of industry lending and internal lending policies and products.
* Strong working knowledge of accounting principles.
* Experience with automated financial systems required.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.