Program Chair, Health Informatics
6 days left
- Full Time
Program Chair, Health Informatics Administration
The Graduate School
12-Month Collegiate Faculty, Full-Time
Location: Largo, MD
The Graduate School (TGS) at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Program Chair for its Master of Science degree program in Health Informatics Administration. The new program chair will join one of the largest online institutions in the world, serving a global student population. Working adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC's innovative educational options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and weekends.
UMUC offers on-site instruction in over 150 locations in the U.S., Asia, and Europe, including over 20 locations in the Maryland and greater D.C. area. One of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM), UMUC is the largest public institution of higher education in the U.S., serving over 92,000 students annually, including over 70,000 undergraduates and 20,000 graduate students.
UMUC strives to reflect the diversity of the global community within which it exists. Cultural differences are valued as essential to the educational process and working environment. Candidates with an understanding of and appreciation for diversity are especially encouraged to apply.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Managing the development, promotion, and direction of the Health Informatics Administration program
- Preparing, developing, and administering courses within that program
- Recruiting, mentoring, and supervising faculty
- Manage all the aspects of administration of CAHIIM accreditation for the Health Informatics Administration. (CAHIIM - The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education)
- Teaching courses within the program
- Performing other job-related assignments
- Program Chair will be expected to work onsite at the University's Academic Center in Largo.
Required Education and Experience:
- Terminal degree in field related to Health Informatics/Health Information Management
- RHIA certification highly preferred
- Five years of professional and/or managerial work experience in Health Informatics/Health Information Management
- Experience with CAHIIM and other professional associations is preferred
- Three years of teaching experience with excellent student evaluations, preferably online with adult, established part-time students.
- Excellent administrative, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing diverse teams and projects
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.