Sentara Heathcare is seeking a President of CarePlex Hospital, to be based in Hampton, Virginia
The President of Sentara Careplex Hospital is responsible for all strategic planning and operations of the entity and for growing revenues while effectively managing expenses and maintaining high clinical quality. This individual is responsible for the development, implementation and overall success of the short-term and long-term goals, strategic objectives, policies, budgets and operating plans for the hospital. The President works with the team of leaders at Sentara based on the Peninsula, for strategic coordination of acute, post-acute, medical practices and the Optima Insurance products.
Development and Implementation of the Peninsula Strategic Plan: Initiates, or participates, in development of marketing plans/strategies for both the hospital and system, and ensures the provision of high quality services attracting both physicians and patients.
Achieve and maintain strong fiscal results. Manages the staff in accordance with the Sentara Healthcare operating philosophy. Establishes performance goals, position expectations, allocates labor resources and contributes to the development of human resource policies. Works to communicate and reinforce a vision for the hospital that emphasizes strong and effective physician relationships, the creation of new business opportunities, ensure dedication to customers, responsiveness to healthcare reform and changing reimbursement patterns.
Recommends and Implements facility/product line improvement(s), to include construction and/or renovation of structures and/or purchase of new equipment as appropriate.
Recruit and retain high-performing employees and physicians by developing and maintaining satisfaction and engagement programs.
Fosters an internal culture of teamwork and integration that drives excellent service, quality, diversity of thought, an engaging work environment and overall performance improvement.
Communicate openly and effectively internally and externally with a wide variety of individuals to ensure that needs are met and the reputation is enhanced, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Professionalism: Conducts all business engagements with honesty and integrity.
Leads monitors and operates with accountability: Implement and/or develop systems to monitor and ensure compliance with productivity standards, performance standards and position competencies.
Budget Development and Assures that Plans are implemented as planned: Direct and participate in the development of an annual Sentara Careplex Hospital budget to support the mission of Sentara Careplex Hospital and the commitment to maintenance of standards of patient care as well as the strategic initiatives.
Ensures Accountability: Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and periodically report these to the Chief Operating Officer of Sentara Health System in addition to the monthly operating reviews with the leadership of Sentara Health System.
Maintain compliance with laws, rules and regulations governing hospitals and healthcare practitioners as well as the standards of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required.
Master's Level Degree
• A Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field.
• Demonstrated record of accomplishment as a healthcare leader. Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with employees/physicians/peers.
• Minimum of 10 years of executive healthcare experience.
• Board Certification in ACHE preferred
• Track Record of Quality and Safety Improvements
• Lead high-performance teams: Candidates should be proven leaders with a record of accomplishment leading outstanding teams of executives and achieving results through the contributions of that team. Sentara Careplex Hospital operates with a matrixed leadership model with dual reporting relationships to the system executive responsible for the specific function.
• Consistent record of accomplishments and the capability/flexibility to operate effectively leading change as well as effectively managing change at the hospital level.
• Adaptability and Flexibility: Must function well in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to represent the organization in both formal and informal settings. Transparency and an open communication style will be important as the facility grows and becomes a healthy “disruptor” in the market. He/she must be accessible and deemed approachable by employees and physicians.
• Experience in community and philanthropic activities, including the ability to represent and become the public face of Sentara Careplex Hospital.
• Ability to navigate within the context of a successful regional integrated delivery system while maintaining the face of the organization in the local community
• Physician network development and management, and clinical quality and process management.
• Broad Understanding and Experience within the Health care continuum.
• Documented strength(s) related to hiring and the creation/maintenance of a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, and continual learning.
• Experience in working with physicians and physician contracts. A leader that understands how to maximize the utilization of physician resources.
• Committed Community leader: representing Sentara at a senior level within the community.
10+ years experience in an administrative position preferred.