Research Assistant, Nephrology & Hypertension, Department of Medicine - Georgetown University Medic
6 days left
- Full Time
Research Assistant, Nephrology & Hypertension, Department of Medicine - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Department of Medicine is steeped in a rich tradition of excellence built upon the legacies of leaders in cardiology, hematology and oncology, nephrology and gastroenterology. We are proud of this tradition of excellence and it is our goal today to further that reputation by remaining on the cutting edge of new developments in medical education, scientific and clinical investigation and, of course, clinical care. Central to our success is our commitment to scholarship at all levels of medical training.
The Research Assistant performs a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance or research setting. S/he makes measurements and performs several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or chemical analytical tests according to standard procedures. Reporting to the Principal Investigator, the Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assists higher level technicians in the setup of laboratory equipment and in recording data for experiments and procedures.
- Assists in the laboratory training of summer students or new staff.
- Orders lab supplies and maintains lab safety.
- Handles general laboratory technical responsibilities with an emphasis on performing molecular biology assay, biomarker testing, histology and immunohistology slides imaging.
- Performs animal model and experiment and tissue collection.
- Assists the Private Investigator or undertakes microvascular studies.
- Performs required tests with provided equipment, laboratory cleaning and maintenance.
- Undertakes human physiological studies, under the PI's supervision.
- Performs analysis data and inputs tests record.
- Measures multiple biomarkers using a series of methods, such as immunoassays, radio-immunoassays and various instruments and methods.
- Maintains and ensures accurate test records within appropriate databases.
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical, medical science or related fields - Master's preferred
- 2 years of experience in a related field
- Knowledge in using various instruments to prepare for and perform tests
- Good communications skills
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology skills, with appropriate lab experience technician
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.