Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As Sales Leader, this role will be responsible for identifying, developing and managing new and ongoing business opportunities, for commercial satellite services in Africa. This role includes sales management of customers with various levels of revenue opportunities and different market segments, including Network Service providers and Broadcasters. This position is responsible for significant sales quota and is based in Sandton, South Africa. The role will be focused on the telecommunication markets of Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
- Act as primary contact for assigned customers and liaise with other Intelsat departments as required to facilitate and support the generation of revenue through the assigned customer base. This will require frequent interaction with the respective customer base via customer visits, as well as written and verbal communication.
- Identify and qualify new customers and new opportunities on an ongoing basis. Develop and Implement New Business Strategies to their assigned regions
- Provide clear, concise, comprehensive and timely provision of Intelsat sales proposals, marketing literature as well as updated service and facility information to existing and potential customers in both a reactive as well as a proactive measure
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of Intelsat's services and new product offerings.
- Assist the Managing Sales Director in developing and implementing sales, drive actions, include a Sales and Revenue Plan, to meet or exceed the sales groups' objectives, including current revenue and backlog goals
- Provide detailed tracking and status information for each sales opportunity in SalesForce.com (or other similar tools) and other management reports
- Identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer base.
- Retain comprehensive knowledge of product and sales services applicable to assigned customer base and prospective customers.
- Provide reports to Intelsat management on status of current activities and advise on customer-related issues, regional priorities, sales activities and opportunities
- Travel internationally as required
- Must have university degree with at least 5 years of experience in sales within the telecommunications, satellite communications or media industry.
- Specific experience in selling high $ value, high-revenue, complex sales to a wide range of customers from technical representatives to management level preferred.
- Must have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English required.
- Demonstrated skill in making effective presentations required
- Must have a demonstrated ability to support the full life-cycle of each sales, supporting each stem from strategic planning to implementation/booking to relationship management over the life of the contract
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently.
- Experience with and exposure to the satellite telecommunications industry highly preferred
- Additional knowledge of a second language a plus
- The candidate must have Authorization to work in the country.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.