The Washington Post was named the #1 Most Innovative Media Company of 2015 by Fast Company - an award reflective of our dedication to transformation, integrity and quality. We are combining our agile, high-performance engineering team with 138 years of world-class journalism to deliver quality content and innovative experiences. Under the leadership of Amazon's Jeff Bezos, The Washington Post has expanded its global reach and is one of the top publications of record.
The Events Coordinator is a key role on the Washington Post Events team, with a strong focus on execution as well as innovation. This position is responsible for ensuring successful event execution, including logistical preparation, vendor management, and any other tasks needed to make our events successful.
- Support and coordinate operations for The Washington Post Live Center.
- Organize and handle daily operations of The Live Center including scheduling, processes, communicating with internal and external groups.
- Support and coordinate logistics for Washington Post Live.
- Organize and handle key logistical details for all WPL events in conjunction with the Events Manager and coordinate logistics across key stakeholders and vendors.
- Submit RFPs to vendors and venues.
- Manage set up and tear down of events.
- Offer creative solutions for event planning and logistics.
- Be a part of the execution team on event day.
- Proactively research innovative market solutions and industry trends.
- Track invoices to aide in the reconciliation of event-related budgets
- Event experience a plus, but not required
- Analytical and creative mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills; extreme orientation to detail
- Gracefulness under pressure and deadlines; must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Gregarious and approachable personality that works easily with internal and external partners
- Good negotiation skills; resourcefulness
- Positive, 'can do' attitude; no job is too big or too small
- Proactiveness, orientation to solutions
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and leverage cross-department resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a small, fast-paced team
- Bachelor's Degree