Receptionist - Financial Affairs
Receptionist - Financial Affairs
The mission of Financial Affairs is to participate as a proactive partner in fulfilling Georgetown University's mission of teaching, research, scholarship, service and identity by planning, developing, and providing professional accounting, reporting, financial services and support.
The Receptionist serves as the critical and initial point of contact for all visitors to Financial Affairs. S/he responds to general and wide ranging inquiries from customers either by telephone, electronically, or face to face. , the Receptionist has additional responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the primary Customer Support Representative for Financial Affairs.
- Responds promptly to customer's inquiries, complaints, and obtains relevant information to direct them to the appropriate resources in Financial Affairs.
- Answers emails and phone calls regarding customer service requests.
- Handles UPS and FEDEX deliveries accordingly.
- Stocks the break room and order supplies on a daily basis.
- Schedules meetings of shared resources such as conference rooms and the training room.
- Reports building maintenance issues to building management.
- Scans and sorts mail to support associated divisions on a daily basis.
- Uses judgement to separate urgent versus non-urgent items.
- Handles ad-hoc requests from supervisor or other management.
- Performs customer verifications to determine client meetings for 16 Financial Affairs departments consisting of at least 89 employees.
- Assists the Project Manager with logistics when needed.
- High school diploma or certified equivalency
- 2 years of customer service in a dynamic office environment
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using PC, spreadsheet software, database software, telephones, email, calendaring software, and Microsoft Word
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.