Senior Marketing Associate
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Senior Marketing Associate
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is seeking an experienced Senior Marketing Associate with strong project management and strategic development skills and a commitment to superior client service. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Recruiting Officer, the Senior Marketing Associate is a full-time professional faculty member focused on supporting and strengthening the colleges enrollment-related marketing capabilities. The incumbent serves in a leadership role with faculty program representatives at multiple levels to develop, implement, and assess the effectiveness of marketing strategies and initiatives to support student recruitment and enrollment across CEHD. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage a systematic marketing function within CEHD, built on an internal agency model, that is designed to execute a high volume and diverse array of marketing and communications projects across CEHD--including the establishment of a project request protocol, standardization of timelines based on complexity of projects and creative staff workload, and management of the creative process and client service experience to ensure projects are on time, on budget, of high quality, and aligned with CEHD and George Mason University branding and positioning priorities;
- Serve as the resident expert on marketing, advertising, and other forms of paid media; and in that role, lead and direct faculty teams in the development of strategic marketing initiatives at the college, division, and program levels;
- Build, maintain, and optimize partnerships with external marketing resources (graphic designers, writers, video producers) and centralized marketing resources within George Mason University; and
- Track the effectiveness of marketing investments utilizing the university customer relationship management, web analytics, and other assessment tools.
- Masters degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field is required; or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree
- Demonstrated experience in marketing-related positions (at least three years is preferred);
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of marketing strategies; and
- Strong project management skills. Exceptional written and oral communication skills are also essential.
- Agency experience in advertising, branding, and public relations;
- Experience working in a higher education setting; and
- Strong professional development orientation.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA40Bz at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :