Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Position will require a Physical Exam
- Position may require a Basic Life Support Certification
GS-04: Applicants must have at least six months of general experience equivalent to the GS-3 level and at least six months of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-3 level. Specialized experience is experience as a nursing assistant in one of several areas of a medical treatment facility such as a hospital clinic or ward, emergency room or similar location
Education: Two years above high school with courses related to the occupation.
GS-05: Applicants must have at one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-4 level.? Specialized experience is experience as a nursing assistant in one of several areas of a medical treatment facility such as a hospital clinic or ward, emergency room or similar location performing a variety of personal patient duties, technical nursing procedures, patient charting and patient teaching
Education: Four-year course of study above high school leading to a bachelor's degree with courses related to the occupation.
Combination of Education and Experience: Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours of a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirements. Education must include courses directly related to the work of the position.
GS-06: Applicants must have at one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level.? Specialized experience is experience in assisting providers with performing physical examinations. Provides explanations and instructions in preparing for laboratory work, and specimen collection. Sets up and performs intravenous fluid therapy, oxygen therapy, urinary catheterization and venipuncture. Observes patients in active labor, blood pressure, post-partum and post-operative periods, checks dressing and symptoms.
Combination of Education and Experience: Graduate education in excess of 9 semester hours or an internship meets the specialized experience required where such education is in a field of study appropriate to the specialization of the position such as education in a program for psychology, psychiatric, or operating room techniques.
GS-07: Applicants must have at one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 level. Specialized experience is experience to assist surgeons or nurses by performing technical support duties for surgical procedures ranging from routine to complex high risk. Maintain a current knowledge and answer questions of other employees on procedures, policies, directives, etc and obtain needed information or decisions from supervisors on problems that come up. Selects, assembles, and organizes supplies, equipment, and instrument to the surgeon during procedures by anticipating needs.
Combination of Education and Experience: One Year of Graduate education meets the specialized experience required where such education is in a field of study appropriate to the specialization of the position such as education in a program for psychology, psychiatric, or operating room techniques.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-TECH
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of common rules and procedures typically required to perform basic treatment, diagnostic and emergency procedures, personal patient care, charting and teaching duties in order to resolve common problems.
2. Knowledge of commonly used medical terminology, structures and functions of the human body as well as an understanding of illnesses and diseases.
3. Knowledge of medical equipment, materials, instruments and supplies used in diagnostic and treatment procedures.
4. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret