Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
Successful completion of a full 4 year course of study in an accredited college/university leading to a bachelors or higher degree that included a major field of study or degree equivalent in psychology for all specializations except clinical psychology and counseling psychology. These two specializations have additional educational requirements:
Clinical Psychology - For positions at grades GS-11 and above, satisfactory completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required.
Counseling Psychology - For positions at grades GS-9 and above, satisfactory completion of 2 full academic years of graduate study directly related to professional work in counseling psychology, or satisfactory completion in an accredited educational institution of all the requirements for a master's degree directly related to counseling psychology is required.
Click on the following link to view the occupational requirements for this position:
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirement, applicants must also meet the Specialized Experience requirements.
For GS-05: The Basic requirement also meets the Specialized Experience for a GS-05.
For GS-07: One year equivalent to at least GS-5 which involves performing recurring and developmental work assignments. Participates in special studies and projects and prepares written correspondence and other documentation. OR satisfactory completion of one full year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement in an accredited college/university. OR a combination of specialized professional psychologist experience and graduate education.
For GS-09: One year equivalent to at least GS-07 which involves performing developmental assignments of moderate difficulty; selecting the most appropriate guidelines and procedures for application and assists in preparing reports and briefings. OR 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree. OR a combination of specialized professional psychologist experience and graduate education.
For GS-11: One year of specialized experience at the GS-09 level conducting evaluations and psycho diagnostic assessments and providing evidence-based psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults and families. Providing individual, group and family psychotherapy for beneficiaries who have psychiatric problems. OR Three years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. in a related field.
For GS-11: Research: Education can consist of a master's or equivalent graduate degree.
For GS-12: One year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level conducting evaluations and psycho diagnostic assessments and providing evidence-based psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults and families. Provides evidence-based psychotherapy for adults, intake evaluation and psycho-diagnostic assessments and provides consultations.
For GS-12: Research: Education can consist of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
For GS-13: One year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level conducting evaluations and psycho diagnostic assessments and providing evidence-based psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults and families. Provides therapy/treatment strategies; serve as the authoritative source of information; provides training; know all current concepts and techniques for treatment.
For GS-14: One year of specialized experience at the GS-13 level conducting evaluations and psycho diagnostic assessments and providing evidence-based psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults and families. Provides functions, structure and operations for the organization; teach graduate-level seminar courses; conduct graduate level research.
For GS-15: One year of specialized experience at the GS-14 level conducting evaluations and psycho diagnostic assessments and providing evidence-based psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults and families. Provides supervisory and management responsibilities utilizing subject matter expertise and technical guidance.
Click on the following link to view the Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of evidence-based treatments, individual, family and group psychotherapy for a full range of child, adolescent and adult psychiatric disorders. Knowledge of the field of psychology, with special emphasis in the sub-disciplines of research design psychological measurement (psychometrics), and statistical analysis or extensive work experience involving the above activities.
2. Knowledge of administration, scoring, and interpretation of at least one of the current child intelligence (e.g., WISC-IV) and achievement (e.g., WJ-III, WIAT, PIAT) measures. Knowledge of administration, scoring and interpretation of the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2).
3. Knowledge of computer applications in test development and administrations; experimental design and applied research methodology.
4. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret