Social Service Aid and Assistant
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft or by any other designated means.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- If position is identified as having "regular contact with children," in accordance with public law, a criminal background check must be completed.
For GS-05: The successfully performance that may have included group leadership work, typically as a proctor for a group of residents in an institution, school dormitory, or other Government facility, OR successfully completed a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree that (a) included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of subjects directly related to the work of the position, (b) included a major in social behavior, human behavior, or health care or; (c) was supplemented by specialized experience as described above for GS-4 OR a combination of specialized experience and education.
For GS-06: One year of specialized experience as a Social Services Aid and Assistant equivalent to the GS-05 which equipped you with knowledge in direct support of professional counselors or other specialists who counsel the unemployed or underemployed, OR at least one full year of graduate education directly related to the knowledge skills and abilities required for this position, OR a combination of specialized experience and education.
For GS-07: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 level in the Federal service. This experience included work in direct support of the professional and related social work staff, either in and/or out of the social service office. The outside work primarily involved assisting with contacts to the clients, their families, and representatives of community organizations, OR one full year of graduate education directly related to the knowledge skills and abilities required for this position, OR a combination of specialized experience and education.
For GS-08: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service. This experience may include work in the professional and related social work staff, either in and/or out of the social service office. The outside work primarily involved contacts with clients, their families, and representatives of community organizations, OR successfully completed two (2) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree in behavioral or social science, OR a combination of specialized experience and education.
For GS-09: one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-08 level in the Federal service. This experience may include work which involved assignments that regularly combined two or more areas of work. Specific examples include collecting specific case information from individuals and families served and from other neighborhood sources for the use by a supervisor and providing information to persons served about program's services, requirements, procedures and community resources, OR successfully completed two (2) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree in behavioral or social science, OR a combination of specialized experience and education.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Practical knowledge of Family Advocacy and other programs requirements and procedures and basic methods and techniques of counseling.
2. Knowledge of word processing automation software function to support office operations.
3. Knowledge and skill in developing an education curriculum with learning objectives and outcomes.
4. Skill in tactfully interviewing clients.
5. Skill in typing may be required
6. Ability to work well with others in a team setting; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret