HVAC Controls Technician II
* Diagnoses control system trouble or defect notifications, determines corrective actions and completes system repairs
* Schedules and completes preventive maintenance, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on building automation systems and components
* Creates and completes assigned work orders, writes various reports and maintains inventory control of building automation replacement parts for projects and repairs
* Participates in job site final walk thru and / or final completion for contracted work on building automation control systems
* Coordinates with other departments, supervisors, external service providers and vendors to resolve building automation problems
* Conducts training and technical support for technicians on site and at the central maintenance office
* Performs related work as required
Associates degree in Building Automation (or related field) and eight (8) years' experience in the building trades, including five (5) years of experience working on building automation systems, or comparable level of education and experience to possess the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
* Knowledge of programming and installation of Trane, Andover, Johnson Controls, and Invensys control systems
* Ability to perform skilled HVAC Controls repair work; to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the trade safely and efficiently; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others
* Ability to read blueprints and other drawings; technical knowledge of building design and operations
* Master HVAC Trade License and CFC Universal License, Valid drivers' license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. May be exposed to extreme heights, varying temperatures and uneven terrain.