Part Time Dispatcher
* Considerable experience in school bus operations or dispatcher-related work
* Working knowledge of school bus operations, school locations, county roads, and general geography
* Ability to adjust service schedules, maintain records, obtain and relay accurate information, and work well under pressure of deadlines
* Ability to operate two-way radio and standard office equipment such as a personal computer, copy machine, and calculator
* Possesses strong skills in human relations, organization, and oral and written communication
* Demonstrates patience, professionalism, and sound judgment with the ability to provide professional and courteous customer service
* Ability to work different shifts to include weekends and overnight as needed
Personnel applying for this position will be required to sign a confidentiality statement
The dispatcher reports to the Dispatch Area Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.