Broadcast Media Production
7 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleBroadcast Media Production
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Broadcast Media Production Program is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching hands-on courses in video editing, and lecture courses in broadcasting and media studies. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
•The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
•The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
•During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
•During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses related to television, radio and media studies.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, weekend and/or accelerated sections.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- A Master's Degree in video production or a closely related discipline (communications, film, media studies, etc.)
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the community college philosophy and mission.
- Willingness and flexibility to teach course sections as needed.
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
- Adobe Premiere Pro certification or certification in FCP or Avid
- Working knowledge of Blackboard Course Management System
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.