Engineering, Physical and Computer Sciences Part-time Faculty
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleEngineering, Physical and Computer Sciences Part-time Faculty
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Department of Engineering, Physical, and Computer Sciences, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Geology, Meteorology, and Physical Science. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***◦The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
◦The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
◦During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
◦During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.Job Description
- Duties & Responsibilities
- The faculty member will be primarily responsible for teaching courses in Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Geology, Meteorology, or Physical Science.
- Faculty members are expected to hold office hours, attend required meetings and will have the opportunity to participate in professional development activities.
Master's degree (Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Geology, Meteorology or Physical Science)
Minimum of one semester of College level teaching experience (Graduate school teaching assistance is acceptable)
Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Doctorate degree (Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Geology, Meteorology or Physical Science)
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated currency in the discipline.
- Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.