Assists in the execution of State & Local legislative policies as conceived and established by the organization.
- Stay informed about all current issues within assigned states, being updated on all states to be able to effectively respond to almost any question regarding legislation (in the absence of the Liaison), and provide detailed communication with the liaison during each day of travel to relay necessary information in a timely manner.
- Preparation of correspondence, routing of office mail and legislative reporting service reports and filing. Also, you will create, update and maintain lists (legislative rosters, candidate lists, activist lists) and assist in the periodic mailings to these groups.
- Assists the State Liaisons with research and dissemination of information.
- Responds to NRA member requests and comments and explains organization positions and legislative activities to interested parties.
- Compiles and maintains accurate and up-to-date records and files.
- Telephone responsibilities include responding to legislative inquiries from NRA members and the public, as well as legislators and elected officials in the absence of the Liaison.
- Responsible for producing error-free legislative alerts and political endorsement letters, as well as assisting liaisons with local election involvement and provide back up to the Director, State Liaisons, and the Division as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
College coursework and/or degree in Political Science or related field; related work experience may be substituted. Administrative training also helpful. Minimum background of 1-2 years solid work experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member. Follow-through on tasks essential. The ability to accurately type 60 wpm, good grammar, punctuation and editing skills are a must, as is attention to detail. Legislative and/or political knowledge helpful. Commitment to the NRA mission is required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.