Manager, IT Workforce Technology
Manager, IT Workforce Technology
PenFed is hiring a Manager, IT Workforce Technology in Mclean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to develop strategy and lead the day to day operations of the Workforce Technologies team. The incumbent will lead a group of technical resources responsible for delivering superior IT services to our internal customers by developing standards, KPIs, and best in class practice associated with large, high-performing organizations. Additionally, this position will require close collaboration with Infrastructure, Application and Security organizations to ensure successful delivery of IT services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership, direction, and operational support to members of the IT Workforce Technology team.
- Foster a collaborative work environment and act as an escalation point for critical issues requiring management involvement.
- Manage and mentor a geographically dispersed team. Coach them to identify, prioritize and resolve issues; provide regular mentoring to direct reports; create long term and short term goals for the team and monitor progress.
- Develop, refine, and document team policies, processes and procedures. Provide effective professional evaluations and development plans.
- Coordinate activities to ensure company desktops, laptops, tablets, wireless devices and associated hardware are maintained in accordance with company security standards and requirements.
- Build and manage daily coverage schedules including on-call and escalation practices.
- Manage periodic rollouts of software updates and hardware upgrades, ensuring PenFed member and employee impact is minimized.
- Work closely with business staff from all areas of the company to identify solutions to meet or exceed business requirements and to understand the impact of services to respective business areas.
- Collaborate with Service Desk leadership to develop and oversee IT Knowledge Management system to ensure high quality solutions are available to staff.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Develop KPIs, provide reporting accordingly and respond quickly and appropriately to address concerns highlighted by this information.
- Model and monitor for a high degree of customer service, enforce and train team members on all service management principles.
- Develop and nurture strong professional relationships outside the credit union; stay current with new technologies and practices; studying other institutions; participate in industry community-groups.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum six (6) years’ of IT customer service experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ of management or supervisory experience required.
This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
ITIL Foundations V3, Comp TIA A+, MCSE, HDI certifications are preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.