Private Investments Associate
The Private Investments Associate will be a member of the endowment's investment team, reporting directly to the Director for Private Investments. The successful candidate will assist with the sourcing, screening, analysis, due diligence and oversight of the investment managers in the endowment's global private markets portfolio, including buyout, venture and real assets. The $1.6 billion endowment portfolio target asset allocation is 50% equities (public and private), 20% absolute return, 15% real assets, and 15% fixed income. This position will be an integral part of Georgetown's small collaborative investment team. Although the primary focus will be on private markets, Associates are encouraged to source ideas and work collaboratively with everyone on the team across all asset classes in the portfolio.
- Four to eight years of successful work experience including finance (investment management, investment banking), corporate strategy, consulting and/or investigative research in other fields is required.
- Outstanding academic credentials including Bachelor's degree in finance, math, accounting or economics.
- Completion of, or progress toward, earning the CFA designation is required.
- Broad understanding of portfolio theory, global markets and investment disciplines.
- The successful candidate must have exceptional analytical, mathematical and writing skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with all constituencies, including Investment Committee members, sophisticated investment professionals, and a broad array of other University constituents.
- S/he will have proven ability to cultivate relationships and network extensively in the venture capital and private equity community in order to secure allocations to top tier managers on behalf of the endowment.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and abroad.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.