Clinical Nurse/Nurse (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner/Psychiatric)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- This may be a Term position. A term position may be extended to a maximum of six years depending upon the needs of management.
- This may be a Temporary position. A temporary position may be extended to a maximum of three years and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment, depending upon the needs of management.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
Basic Requirement for Nurse (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner/Psychiatric)/ Clinical Nurse (Psychiatric/Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner):
Education: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (external link), Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (external link), Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (external link), or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
Education for Advanced Practice Nurse Positions: Graduate or higher level degree in nursing from an accredited educational program in the area of expertise or specialty indicated by the position.
Degree from Foreign Nursing School: Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
Licensure: Applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination and possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. In addition, must be licensed or registered by a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States in the clinical specialty required by the position.
Note: Advanced Practice Nurses may receive certification which will be considered to meet the requirement to be licensed/registered.
Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Professional Nursing Experience at a GS-12 is defined as: One year of experience which includes performing physical examinations, diagnose or treat minor psychiatric illnesses or injuries, and educating patient or family members regarding care or treatment.
Professional Nursing Experience at a GS-13 is defined as: One year of experience which includes Diagnosing psychiatric diseases or illness; interpreting or ordering lab results, and Identifying appropriate medical treatment.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, and qualifications for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.