Occupational Therapist - PRN/Outpatient - Therapy Center - VB
Sentara Healthcare has an immediate opening for a PRN occupational therapist to join our Outpatient rehab team located at our NEW Lynnhaven location in Virginia Beach!
- No weekends. Flexible schedule - position has potential to convert to a part time or full time position.
- Ideal candidate - Experience with neurological and orthopedic patients.
- Splinting experience would be great, but not required.
- Will consider new grads!
- We are ready to hire a dynamic, excited professional looking to grow a multidiscipline program.
- Opportunity to work with multidiscipline therapists, building an OT program in brand new facility!
- Opportunity to mentor with Certified Hand Therapists is available.
Assess, plan, organize, and participate in rehabilitative programs that improve functional mobility, relieve pain, improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury and help build or restore vocational/ daily living skills as well as general independence. Provides age appropriate education for clients and caregivers. Supervise and assume responsibility for care provided by identified team members.
Bachelor's Level Degree - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Basic Life Support, Cert in Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapist
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Active Listening, Communication, Critical Thinking, Leadership, Mgmt of Material Resources, Mgmt of Staff Resources, Monitoring, Service Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Technology/Computer, Time Management, Writing
Preferred: Learning Strategies
NBCOT (National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy) certification required within 6 months of eligibility. PACE specific incumbents for this position require a minimum of one year of experience working with the frail or elderly population. Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy preferred, NBCOT (National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy).