Emergency Registration Supervisor (WE Part-Time)
Supervises all operational activities for Patient Registration for all shifts in Emergency Center. Identifies and solves problems and complaints from patients, visitors and staff, within scope of responsibility. Assists Patient Access Director and Patient Registration Manager in development, implementation and enforcement of departmental objectives, programs and processes. Coordinates admitting procedures with activities of other departments. Implements hospital admission policies, through appropriate and accurate registration. Assists in onboarding process for new staff members. Performs technical duties of all supervised staff, to include Patient Registration Representative I & II and Insurance Verification Representative, as necessary. Other duties, as assigned. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.Job Description Details:
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Professional certification through American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM), or National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM), preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's Degree, or equivalent experience, preferred.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience in patient registration and health care setting; three to five (3-5) years of hospital experience preferred.
3. Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; ability to use office equipment, such as printer, scanner, fax, and copier; aptitude for timely data entry.
5. Effective verbal and written communication, and high emphasis on customer service and phone etiquette; fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
6. Ability to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them, as they change frequently; ability to work concurrently on variety of tasks and projects, in environment that may be stressful, with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles; ability to manage multiple workplace demands, and set realistic and obtainable priorities related to such.
7. Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills, as decisions and judgment impact overall operations and workflow.
8. Working knowledge of computerized admitting systems, medical terminology, third-party payers, and patient access and revenue cycle processes.
9. Ability to interpret data; excellent auditing and analytical skills, for data reporting and account reconciliation.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.