Sr. Manager, Global Benefits and Wellness (976-679)
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Manager, Global Benefits & Wellness is a strategic position responsible for the continuous development, implementation, communication, and administration of USP’s worldwide benefits and wellness programs that will enable the organization to attract, reward, and retain top talent. He/She will develop and continually advance global benefits strategies and wellness program to align with USP’s Total Rewards philosophy and ensure the right mix and offerings are available. He/she retains ownership for dynamic employee communication of the health & welfare benefit plans, wellness program, and retirement plans.
The incumbent is responsible for compliance oversight and adherence, as well as financial reporting requirements of the health & welfare, retirement plans and wellness program. He/She works collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external contacts such as vendors, consultants and attorneys on contracts, design work and implementation of various health & welfare benefit plans and related programs. In addition, the Senior Manager is responsible for developing and enhancing global benefit programs and strategies to align objectives, while driving innovation and balancing effective ROI for the organization on its investment.
He/she will work closely with the Global HR Management Team, the Human Resources Business Partners and the Staff Engagement Office in the pursuit of this work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic vision and operational excellence in oversight of USP’s worldwide benefits and wellness programs.
- In alignment with the strategic direction of the organization, designs, develops, communicates, implements and manages high quality employee benefits programs, policies and procedures to ensure optimal plan design and administration both nationally and internationally that will attract, retain and engage top talent around the world.
- Delivers the wellness strategy USP worldwide via a combination of local and global programs to build a global culture of wellness. Develops a strong understanding of the well-being challenges identified across USP and defines culturally appropriate initiative to address them, maintaining global consistency as far as possible.
- Serves as a global benefits subject matter expert, developing suitable solutions and proactively monitoring and leveraging industry leading practices.
- Monitors market conditions (nationally and globally) and competitive position to ensure the organization is providing an appropriate level and menu of benefits at a cost effective price.
- Develops and implements global benefit programs in new countries where USP establishes a presence.
- Manages expatriate program, design, and administration
- Provides excellent customer service throughout the benefits team; ensures client service standards are set and achieved by benefits team member(s).
- Manages U.S. benefits activities, including benefit health, wellness, welfare, retirement plans, including vendors, program financials and policies. Drives effective communication of benefit strategies and programs.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communication strategy for global benefits and wellness.
- Provides benefits expertise and leadership in the evaluation and selection of consultants, and other partners, including the negotiation of fees and contracts.
- Partners with the HR Management Team, senior leadership, and other key internal stakeholders to inform evolution of strategies, consider and integrate feedback, build plans, collaborate with Legal and global benefits consultants as needed to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Be a champion for innovation in the benefit and wellness space. Know what best in class organizations are doing and look to integrate best practices into USP processes.
- Bachelor's degree required. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience in global benefits strategy, design and management is required.
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, legal and tax and financial implications of benefits and wellness, globally
- Experience with benefits and wellness design and execution globally and in emerging geographical markets is a significant plus
- Strong business acumen; understanding of key global business trends
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic plans into tactical initiatives
- Strong project management, organization, prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects concurrently with extreme accuracy and adjust to changing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, to convey complex subject matter and persuade and influence management, clients and employees at all levels.
- Significant experience in identifying, designing, and planning projects
- Must be able to maintain awareness of evolving best practices and continuous improvement opportunities in global benefits.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize numerous projects simultaneously.
- Must be strategic, analytical and detail-oriented.
- HR Coordinator
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular