Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
As the Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for CI, you will welcome guests and greet people who visit our office. Reporting to the Manager of Administrative Services, the receptionist will greet all visitors at the Conservation International’s Crystal City office.
The Receptionist will operate a multiline switchboard for incoming domestic and international calls, maintain conference room schedules, notify staff of incoming deliveries and assist the Administrative Services Team with catering, events/meetings and perform certain administrative tasks as require.
- Staff reception from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm daily, answering, screening and directing all incoming calls and support early meetings.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs. Process identification badges for all guests, contractors and vendors as well as direct them to the appropriate host.
- Create user name and password in Cisco Wifi System to provide Wifi access for guests.
- Maintain the Conference Center schedule and respond to reservation requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure the conference rooms are clean and stocked supplies with materials. Assist with some catering setup as needed.
- Backstop mailroom, process business cards and name plates requests and other administrative functions such as restocking supplies as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Normal Office Environment.
- High School degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Successful work experience in a front office setting or in another clerical/customer service position environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook.
- Fluent English required, strong communication skills, customer service and proper telephone etiquette.
- Strictly abide to an 8:30 am - 5:00 pm schedule.
- Bilingual in Spanish, French or Portuguese a plus.
- Some college education preferred.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "accommodation" in the subject line.