(Senior) Lead Business Systems Analyst (974-679)
The Senior/Lead Business Systems Analyst is a non-supervisory, independent contributor with the Global Analytics team within Market Intelligence and Analysis (MIA) department - part of Strategy and Business Development (SBD) division. The Global Analytics team performs a centralized business analytics function for USP, a highly visible, complex, and vital role in MIA related to the forecasting, pricing analytics, data modeling, and evaluation of USP products and services including support for business development initiatives.
The Senior/Lead Business Systems Analyst responsibilities include 1) administrating the Oracle Advanced Pricing module and other applications 2) providing functional and technical support for data updates and automation needs including pricing and transactional databases 3) leading system and database enhancement projects partnering with IT representing the SBD division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administrate the Oracle Advanced Pricing system including managing list prices, promotional discounts and distributor discounts for all USP products
- Support the preparation of any integration and acceptance test scripts, and participate in acceptance testing. Make recommendations for any modifications or corrections and partner with IT on implementation
- Build long-term database integration and business applications strategy and solutions partnering with SBD, IT and other teams throughout the organization.
- Enhance effectiveness of organizational processes through continued improvement of the data systems underlying the daily work of SBD
- Function as the primary liaison between SBD and IT on Oracle applications database other systems as needed
- Identify and implement area of automation and enhancement opportunities for the data owned and managed by SBD and partner with IT where needed
- Actively participate with IT and the implementation team with the process of defining and deploying interfaces to other systems and automation.
- Partner with the Data Quality Manager on improving the quality of data found within SBD’s databases and data systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent in experience
- At least five (5) years of Business systems support, analytics, or IT development experience closely support the business (for Senior Analyst)
- At least eight (8) years of Business systems support, analytics, or IT development experience closely support the business (for Lead Analyst); demonstrated experience leading projects independently
- Advanced data manipulation skills and solid knowledge of relational databases
- Advanced SQL skills including programming (ETL, stored procedures, task scheduling, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills and intermediate skills for other MS Office applications
- Strong communication skills required: Verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Oracle EBS(E-Business Suites) including Pricing Module experience highly preferred
- Oracle database experience highly preferred
- Other data languages (R, Python) preferred
- Must be self-motivated and client service oriented
- Ability to explain highly technical or complex issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Has the ability to work at all levels of the organization
- Has the ability to work across a global company
- Has the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to handle change
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular