Williams & Connolly LLP has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant supports the Executive Director, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Executive Director with day-to-day tasks including answering the phone, setting appointments, maintaining calendars, creating and maintaining files, and various administrative projects;
- Create and coordinate content in order to publish the Firm’s weekly electronic newsletter;
- Assist with various projects and administrative tasks such as filing I-9s, updating new hire database, compiling survey data, updating spreadsheets, and tracking attendance at Firm trainings;
- Administer birthday recognition program, children’s artwork, vending machines, shipping program, and cab vouchers;
- Assist with the annual budget process, creating and organizing binders of budget-related materials;
- Keep items on the intranet updated such as the Firm calendar, holidays, contact lists, and upcoming events;
- Assist with, attend, and photograph events, including Staff Appreciation Week, Bring Your Child to Work Day, awards ceremonies, socials, annual picnic, and holiday party;
- Maintain personnel files, keeping filing up-to-date.
The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service and administrative skills, including an excellent telephone manner, confidentiality, and the ability to prioritize competing demands and work well under pressure. Must be detail and results-oriented, have an outgoing personality, and the ability to multi-task and work well with people at all levels within the Firm. Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. The ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds required. Two to three years prior office experience working in customer service or a similar role strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Hours are 9:00am – 5:30pm with overtime as needed.