Mortgage Training Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is hiring a Specialist, Mortgage Training in Alexandria, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to deliver training courses to PenFed’s Mortgage Division. These courses will include orientation/onboarding, job specific technical training, compliance and refresher training. Training classes will be facilitated interactively through materials, job aids and presentations.Essential Functions
- Deliver structured training programs to all employees in areas of product knowledge, policies and procedures, compliance, computer systems, and exceptional member service.
- Present in both live and virtual classroom environments. Monitor trainee attendance and participation, uses tests/ assessments to measure trainees’ comprehension of class material.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of training programs and/or trainee performance to ensure learning objectives are achieved.
- Design, develop and update training materials, assessments and web based training modules related to all Mortgage positions. Update existing modules as needed and recommends topics for new modules.
- Design and develop educational curricula for training projects to include various instructional methods, techniques and multi-media. Writes articles, tips for success and training flashes as requested.
- Conduct needs assessment on requests from management to provide customized training or individual guidance to improve and develop performance. Respond to and resolve training related issues and inquiries. Survey department training needs, analyze information obtained and submit recommendations for changes training programs.
- Work with Director to align training goals with overall corporate and departmental objectives. Follows change management procedures for updating training manuals to ensure appropriate distribution of materials and consistent communication of changes.
- Maintain the Mortgage Usage Guides, the Equity Processing information and Servicing Guide on the PenFed intranet. Recommend additions/changes for the benefit of PenFed MSRs, Branch Operations, and other internal consumers. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of operating policies and procedures and PenFed’s product and services.
- Establish relationship with vendors and acts as a facilitator for available training sessions and materials.
- Periodically perform in positions for which others are trained in order to maintain current knowledge of techniques and duties required.
- Work with Information Technology department triaging IT tickets to determine if system issues exist or if user training is the solution. Assist Information Technology department in testing service requests (SRs) requiring changes/updates to origination systems, then develops appropriate training materials and programs to communicate changes to originations staff.
- * Baccalaureate degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provide the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills is required.
- Minimum of two years’ of related work experience in training required.
- Experience within Mortgage industry and strong customer service background preferred.
- Experience with Mortgage Origination and Servicing Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows-based software packages including MS-Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- Web-based authoring or design skills/coursework is preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
- There are no additional certifications required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.