Document Processing Specialist
DOCUMENT PROCESSING SPECIALIST
Large, global DC law firm is seeking a Document Processing Specialist to join their Document Processing team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of the firm's professional staff, the Document Processing Specialist will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services.
The Document Processing Specialist provides varied administrative and technical support to firm personnel including document production and troubleshooting, document scanning and coding, proofreading completed work, and supplemental support to attorneys. The hours for the position are Monday - Thursday: 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Performs advance proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 2010: including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, Power PDF, Litera Change-Pro, Dreamweaver, Drafting Assistant, Adobe Creative Suite, and Outlook.
- Performs extensive formatting and editing of word processing documents, including advanced features such as cross-referencing, bookmarks, track changes, table of authority, table of content, indices, mail merging, red-line/black line documents, etc.
- Creates templates for legal documents and closing CD sets (creating links from table of contents, simple and multi-linking of PDFs).
- Converts documents from one application to another, including cleaning, formatting and applying styles as needed.
- Imports and exports files from USB devices, CDs or DVDs.
- Utilizes email effectively to access and manipulate attachments, CDs, discs, zip files, etc.
- Performs scanning of documents for conversions.
- Assists firm personnel with document troubleshooting, including corrupt documents and files.
- Performs document reproduction, printing documents from electronic sources (e.g., email attachments, PDF files, CDs, etc.) and the delivery of same.
- Creates binders and document indices.
- Performs transcription using software such as Express Scribe/The Record Player, or Wondershare and Audacity audio/video capture.
- Provides varied administrative support to attorneys (e.g., time entry, transcription, copying/printing of documents, courier services, and assignment of conference rooms/visiting attorney offices).
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook) and conversion software.
- Ability to learn various job-related computer software (e.g., Image Base, Voxco survey application, CD burner application, and document management systems (e-Docs)).
- Knowledge of basic graphics and picture manipulation, including resizing, copying and pasting functions.
- Knowledge of OCR conversion software (e.g., Omnipage/Panascan).
- Demonstrated knowledge of proofreading techniques. Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years administrative and related technical experience.
- Advance level proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with 80% accuracy; advance level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint with 70% accuracy.
- Typing at 55 words per minute with 80% accuracy.
- Proofreading proficiency with 80% accuracy.
Apply for Document Processing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly