Manager, Grassroots and Digital Advocacy
Do you have an interest in affecting policy change through social and online grassroots engagement tactics? The American Society of Civil Engineers is currently recruiting for a Manager, Grassroots and Digital Advocacy, in our DC office, to engage ASCE members on key issues including infrastructure, sustainability, licensure and the Society’s other strategic initiatives.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, politically astute person to join our team of professionals who are increasing awareness concerning our aging infrastructure and what it means for our nation’s economic growth.
- Assisting in the development and execution of grassroots advocacy campaigns
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory issues and trends
- Identifying critical state bills and regulatory actions that require grassroots engagement
- Providing support for ASCE’s Annual Legislative Fly-in by promoting program through social media and e-mail campaigns as well as supporting onsite tasks as needed
- Collaborating with state and federal government relations team members to develop digital advocacy strategy
- Cultivating and curating ASCE’s government relations social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Zoomph, Spark, and ASCE’s member discussion forum Collaborate
- Managing online content including Save America’s Infrastructure phone app, Infrastructure Report Card blog and content calendar, and ASCE website pages
- Compiling weekly newsletter for ASCE members
- Writing legislative alerts and articles for various publications
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, English, communications, or related discipline
- 2 years’ experience in grassroots/advocacy programs, politics and social media management or political campaigns, experience in effective advocacy techniques
- Demonstrated success identifying opportunities for and managing grassroots campaigns
- A strong understanding of relevant issue areas including, transportation, infrastructure, appropriations, energy, and environment
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of the civil engineering profession in order to serve the public good.
To accomplish ASCE's mission, ASCE staff works together as a team, based on a foundation of trust, striving for individual and organizational excellence. To achieve our shared goals, we maintain a relentless focus on members and a commitment to continuously grow and improve individually and collectively.
Submissions of interest without resume and cover letter will not be considered. To submit cover letter and resume go to: https://asce.applicantpro.com/jobs/645669.html
Our DC office is walking distance to the Hill at:
101 Constitution Avenue, NW, Ste 375 East
Washington, DC 20001