Epidemiologist with SAS experience
GDIT is seeking an Epidemiologist to use SAS programing expertise to analyze large health datasets for epidemiological studies and reports.
Our client, the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch (AFHSB), strives to be the central epidemiological resource and a global health surveillance proponent for the U.S. Armed Forces. The AFHSB provides timely, relevant, actionable, and comprehensive health surveillance information in order to promote, maintain, and enhance the health of military and military- associated populations.
- Supports the Senior Analysts and Senior Managing Epidemiologists in accomplishing their tasks and objectives;
- Assists in quality assurance verification of programming codes contained in current and past reports;
- Analyzes, interprets, and summarizes morbidity and mortality surveillance data;
- Demonstrates proficiency in SAS in manipulating very large (1,000,000+ records) datasets and conducting routine surveillance;
- Conducts statistical analyses to include Poisson and logistic regression and survival analysis;
- Runs routine recurring weekly, monthly, annual reports on surveillance statistics and reviews results for accuracy and validity
- Performs research, analysis, development and evaluation of systems, procedures and models in assigned functional area.
- BS in relevant scientific discipline. Master of Public Health, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or similar degree is preferred.
- This position requires significant SAS coding experience and expertise and is largely analytic in nature.
- 5-8 years of related experience in scientific research and analysis.
- At least 3 years experience with Base SAS programming required.
- Experience with large datasets and/or military databases is preferred.
- Prior experience with the Department of Defense or military populations preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a secret level clearance Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Secret clearance is highly preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.