Customer Retention Consultant

Employer
Cvent
Location
Mclean, VA
Posted
Oct 12, 2017
Closes
Oct 16, 2017
Industry
Other
Hours
Full Time
About this Role We are looking for a Customer Retention Consultant that can fill a new role within the existing Customer Retention team (At-Risk Accounts team), which is a function of the larger Cvent Sales and Account Management teams. The Customer Retention team handles at-risk account and less severe one-off escalations and remedies customer concerns to ensure a positive renewal outcome and improve Cvent's revenue retention rate for the Event Cloud product lines. As the CRC, you will be responsible for working in tandem with the Customer Retention Managers on swift resolution of issues affecting our customer base. You will take ownership of the investigation of internal support cases and services documentation, to provide an unbiased, factual account of events that allow the assigned Customer Retention Manager to remedy customer frustration and outline suggestions for internal process improvements to improve overall customer satisfaction & retention rates. As you progress in the role, you will also be assigned and responsible for resolving lower severity escalations that involve the product and/or customer support requests. You will be expected to possess an expert-level knowledge of Cvent software functionality to include Event Management, CrowdCompass, and Onsite Solutions. Up to 70% of your week will be customer-facing over the phone or email. The remaining 30% will be focused on internal issue resolution efforts, special projects, ongoing product training, and interaction with escalation points across the Client Services, Account Management, and Technology teams. The person in this role will work from our US-headquarters in McLean, Virginia. Job Description Liaise between the Account Management, Client Services, and Technology teams Coordinate efforts and communication across internal teams to ensure at-risk account remediation is prioritized Work directly with the Technology team on product-related issue resolution and product roadmap updates that could mitigate non-renewals Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Cvent products and services by attending all Client Services product trainings, and Product release meetings Own and resolve less severe one-off escalations, as assigned Compile and thoroughly review data related to support cases, bug tickets, and rendered services related to targeted at-risk accounts to present to the Customer Retention team Advise the assigned Account Managers, Customer Retention Managers, and Client Success Consultants on suggested remediation and next steps for product or service-related issues. Join assigned Account and Customer Retention Managers on at-risk customer calls and/or emails to relay technical product information to the customer, when needed Proactively flag problem accounts to mitigate the risk of cancellation or churn based on technological or support issue trends Identify revenue generating opportunities within at-risk accounts, when appropriate, relevant, and in the customer's best interest Assist with forecasting the potential loss of revenue due to service lapses or product bugs/limitations Mentoring and training of new team hires as the team grows to expand Skills & Requirements Bachelor's degree required 10% travel expected 2-3 years of proven customer-facing Customer Success or Product Expert experience in a SaaS environment, preferably within the event, hotel, or travel industries Comfortable learning, using and discussing very granular elements of Cvent technology and integrations Articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, extremely fast-paced and ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment Able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to include demonstrations, operation/process flow, and understanding Cvent internal processes Strong sense of initiative and personal leadership demonstrating the ability to function independently while contributing to team initiatives. Must be self-motivated and able to see things from the 'customer lens Salesforce.com proficiency is required EEO[/AA]Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace