Director, Office of Asset Management and Portfolio Oversight
Occasional travel - Some work related travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.As a basic requirement, you must have progressively responsible executive leadership and supervisory experience that is indicative of senior executive level managerial capability. This experience should be sufficiently broad in scope and at a major management level in a large or complex organization. Typically, experience of this nature will have been gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or non-government organization. Your experience should demonstrate that you have the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully fulfill responsibilities inherent in most SES positions.
If your experience does not include these basic qualifications, you will not be determined to be qualified for this position.
You must fully address each MTQ and ECQ to be rated eligible for further consideration. Current, former career SES employees, or OPM/QRB Candidate Development Program (CDP) candidates, are not required to address the ECQs, but they must address the MTQs.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQs):
In addition to the qualifying experience, applicants must possess the following technical qualifications that represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of multifamily industry, including asset management, mortgage servicing, property disposition, capital markets, affordable housing finance, and counterparty and risk management.
- Skill in interacting effectively with high level officials in Federal, State, and local governments, lenders, investors, and other capital markets sources as well as owners, operators, management companies and tenant organizations to support Multifamily housing programs nationwide.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to lead the development and dissemination of comprehensive policies and strategies to effectively implement multifamily asset management programs.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
Introduction: The ECQs were designed to assess executive experience and potential - not technical expertise. They measure whether an individual has the broad executive skills needed to succeed in a variety of SES positions - not whether they are the most superior candidates for a particular position. Examples of good qualifications statements and the use of the C-C-A-R model (Challenge/Context/Actions/Results), the preferred method of writing your ECQs is provided in OPM’s Guide to SES Qualifications: http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp
Format: For each of the five ECQs, provide at least one example of your qualifications using the four C-C-A-R elements. 1. Challenge - Describe a specific problem or goal. 2. Context - Talk about the individuals and groups you worked with, and/or the environment in which you worked to tackle a particular challenge (e.g., clients, co-workers, members of Congress, shrinking budget, low morale.) 3. Action - Discuss the specific actions you took to address a challenge. 4. Results - Give specific examples of the results of your actions. These accomplishments demonstrate the quality and effectiveness of your leadership skills.
NOTE: Your responses to the five ECQs must describe the context and the results of your achievements in lay terminology, free of jargon and excessive reliance on acronyms.
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE - This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. (Leadership Competencies: creativity and innovation, external awareness, flexibility, strategic thinking and vision).
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE - This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. (Leadership Competencies: conflict management, leveraging diversity, developing others and team building).
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN - This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. (Leadership Competencies: accountability, customer service, decisiveness, entrepreneurship, problem solving and technical credibility).
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN - This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. (Leadership competencies: financial management, human capital management and technology management).
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS - This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and Local governments, nonprofit and private-sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. (Leadership Competencies: partnering, political savvy and influencing/negotiating).
To be considered for this position, you must submit a written statement addressing each MTQ and ECQ. Failure to address both the MTQs and ECQs as set forth below will adversely affect your chances for referral or selection.
Current, former career SES employees, or OPM/QRB Candidate Development Program (CDP) candidates are not required to address the ECQs but must address the MTQs.
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT: The selectee will be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report, Standard form 278.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year SES probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form 1-9. Federal law requires verification of the identify and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- HUD employees are prohibited under Section 7501.104, 5 Code of Federal Regulations from directly or indirectly owning, acquiring, or receiving:
- Federal Housing Authority debentures or certificate of claim;
- Financial interest in a project, including any single family dwelling or unit subsidized by HUD, or which is subject to a note or mortgage insured by HUD; and
- Section 8 subsidies to or on behalf of a tenant of property you, your spouse, or a dependent child owns.
- The employee, or the employee's spouse or minor child acquires, without specific intent as through inheritance, a property in which a tenant receiving such a subsidy already resides;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy lived in the rental property before the employee worked for the Department;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy is a parent, child, grandchild, or sibling of the employee;
- The employee's, or the employee's spouse or minor child's, rental property has an incumbent tenant who has not previously received such a subsidy and becomes the beneficiary thereof; or
- The location of the rental property is in a Presidentially declared emergency or natural disaster area and the employee receives prior written approval from an agency designee.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated against the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs). As a supplement to your application, please provide examples of relevant experience, training, and personal achievements, which address each of the MTQs and ECQs. The examples should be clear and concise and show levels of accomplishment and degree of responsibility.
FAILURE TO ADDRESS THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING DISQUALIFIED.
To preview questions please click here.