Front Desk and Job Listing Coordinator, Office of Career Strategy - Georgetown University Law Cente
Front Desk and Job Listing Coordinator, Office of Career Strategy - Georgetown University Law Center
The mission of Georgetown Law's Office of Career Strategy is to empower students with the tools, plans, and inspiration to achieve their career goals. By focusing on strategy, we promote long-term success and thoughtful, deliberate career trajectories.
The Front Desk and Job Listing Coordinator posts all job listings (more than 2000 annually) submitted to the Office of Career Strategy's electronic job listing database and manages the front desk - answering the phone, greeting visitors, and responding to inquiries. Reporting to the Director of the Office of Career Strategy, the Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Approves or rejects pending jobs (30 to 40 daily) and assures that each posting follows OCS-set guidelines and policies.
- Approves employer registrations and assists employers with posting jobs on the Career Strategy website.
- Serves as liaison for all questions and concerns for students, alumni, and employers regarding job postings; to legal employers seeking to recruit Georgetown Law students and alumni; and for alumni access to Symplicity.
- Posts to diversity listservs and collects resumes.
- Maintains the schedule of all career advisors' appointments.
- Helps with scheduling student and alumni appointments with OCS advisors using Gmail Calendar and AppointmentPlus.
- Maintains sufficient familiarity with the office's programs and the University in general to respond to basic requests for Information.
- Maintains a professional, welcoming atmosphere to visitors and callers.
- Handles telephone calls, greeting students and other visitors, and answers inquiries
- Performs general office tasks, including processing mail.
- Assists Advisors with various data entry and other projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree
- 1 year of customer service, word processing/database/internet skills preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Service orientation and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and confident working as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.